Sunday 18 October 2009

Bad to worse...

Aye, so I was just mindin' me own business in't village early in the day, when I saw some figures approachin' from behind the fletcher's. I'd jus' woke up, an' took a while ta focus, but then realised it were tha' bloody wild elf wi' the axe, draggin' Hawk the drow behind 'er, all unconscious on a rope!
Well, I were deeply confused, as yer can imagine, especially when she 'anded me the end o' the rope an' garbled somethin' in their strange language. I stood there, nah knowin' what ta do, when all sudden-like, some drow appeared, an' a dragon. As yer can expect, I dropped the rope an' tried ta sneak off, but then the dragon came up an' said she was goin' ta get me. I did nah stop ta listen - I jus' ran.
Out o' the village an' across the battlefield I went, as fast as me little legs could carry me, an' I thought ta 'ead fer the 'aunted woods, see if it would slow 'er down. But it did nah - she were in a smaller form an' 'ad mightier legs than me. She started clawin' at me round tree trunks, deep gougin' wounds they was, an' righ' painful. I kept divin' around ta try ta evade 'er, all the while shoutin' tha' I was jus' a bystander an' did nah attack Hawk, but she didn' believe me. I rolled under a bush as I weakened from the clawin', feelin' all torn an' woozy an' ta be honest, fairly freightened. As a last resort, I told 'er a secret tha' migh' 'ave saved me from death, but she insisted she wanted me unconscious an' then she'd confirm the truth o' what I spoke. So I gave in an' played dead.
I don't remember much o' what 'appened next - jus' remember a feelin' like I was flyin' through't air... very strange. When I wakes up, I finds mesel' dumped in front o' the drowfolk, tha' matron-woman an' Hawk, an' wi' them some sort o' blue woman too. The dragon asked Hawk if I was 'is attacker, an' sensin' me life were danglin' on a thread by now, I looked up at 'im an' pleaded tha' 'e tell 'er I were a good 'un. An' Hawk... well, 'e came through fer me. 'E 'ad a chat wi' 'is matron an' got me cut free. I did nah know really wha' were goin' on: by now, I 'ad lost a fair amount o' blood, an' they was all chattin' away in their language. But then, the blue woman came over an' kneeled down, an' starts patchin' up the claw wounds fer me. Most kind of 'er, it was, an' she were most soothin' too, in 'er nature.
She was 'alf way through sortin' me out, when Urumi the elf turns up, so I made out like they was botherin' me an' snuck off to the stables. An' tha's where I 'id 'til Linwe found me later on.
Bloody elven healer... She wanted ta use magics on me, but yer knows, I's nah so keen on magics. 'Ave yer turned into a newt if they puts a word out of order or whatever. So she sewed up me wounds, an' then she'd nah stop... starts rubbin' stuff on me fer me fleas an' lice, an' insistin' on bathin' me an' stuff like tha'. She even... *coughs*... well, between ye an' me, she starts goin' on about if I's seen rice in me... yer know... doin's. Before I knows it, she's makin' me swallow this an' tha', ta get rid o'... well, worms. An' she would nah shut up about it neither. Whole bloody village'll probably 'ear o' tha' one - she bloody went an' told Elestria! Gah... this minstrel is goin' ta lie low fer a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment